LEADER IN ME
All Greenview students learn The Leader in Me habits. This framework helps to develop the essential life skills and characteristics students need in order to thrive in the 21st century. It creates a common language within a school and is built on proven principle-based leadership skills found in Dr. Stephen R. Covey’s, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People:
Habit #1 YOU’RE IN CHARGE
- I am a responsible person.
- I take initiative.
- I choose my actions, attitudes, and moods.
- I do not blame others for my wrong actions.
- I do the right thing without being asked, even when no one is looking.
Habit #2 HAVE A PLAN
Begin with the End in Mind
Sachez dès le départ où vous voulez aller
- I plan ahead and set goals.
- I do things that have meaning and make a difference.
- I am an important part of my classroom and contribute to my school’s mission and vision, and look for ways to be a good citizen.
Habit #3 WORK FIRST, THEN PLAY
Put First Things First
Donnez la priorité aux priorités
- I spend my time on things that are most important.
- This means I say no to things I know I should not do.
- I set priorities, make a schedule, and follow my plan.
- I am disciplined and organized.
Habit #4 EVERYONE CAN WIN
- I balance courage for getting what I want with consideration for what others want.
- I make deposits in others’ Emotional Bank Accounts.
- When conflicts arise, I look for third alternatives.
Habit #5 LISTEN BEFORE YOU TALK
Seek First To Understand, Then To Be Understood
Cherchez d’abord à comprendre, ensuite à être compris
- I listen to other people’s ideas and feelings.
- I try to see things from their viewpoints.
- I listen to others without interrupting.
- I am confident in voicing my ideas.
- I look people in the eyes when talking.
Habit #6 TOGETHER IS BETTER
Profitez de la synergie
- I value other people’s strengths and learn from them.
- I get along well with others, even people who are different than me.
- I work well in groups.
- I seek out other people’s ideas to solve problems because I know that by teaming with others we can create better solutions than any one of us alone.
- I am humble.
Habit #7 BALANCE FEELS BEST
Sharpen the Saw
Aiguisez vos facultés
- I take care of my body by eating right, exercising, and getting sleep.
- I spend time with family and friends.
- I learn in lots of ways and lots of places, not just at school.I take time to find meaningful ways to help others.